California School Bullying Scale
Our CSBYD research team has developed an assessment with which to more precisely measure students' bullying experiences. current version of the CBVS link
- Felix, E., Sharkey, J., Green, J., Furlong, M., J. & Tanigawa, D. (2011). Getting Precise and Pragmatic about the Assessment of Bullying: The Development of the California Bullying Victimization Scale. Aggressive Behavior, 37, 234-247. link
- Greif Green, J., Felix, E. D., Sharkey, J. D., Furlong, M. J., & Kras, J. E. (2013). Identifying Bully Victims: Definitional versus Behavioral Approaches. Psychological Assessment, 25, 651-657. doi:10.1037/a0031248
- Atik, A., & Guneri, O. Y. (2012). California Bullying Victimization Scale: Validity and reliability evidence for the Turkish middle school children. Procedia–Social and Behavioral Sciences, 46, 1237–1241 link
Bullying Related Publications
- Furlong, M. J., Morrison, G. M., & Greif, J. (2003). Reaching an American consensus: Reactions to the Special Issue on School Bullying. School Psychology Review, 32, 456-470.
- Greif, J. L, Furlong, M. J., Morrison, G. (2003, November). Operationally defining "bullying" [Letter to the editor]. Archives of Pediatrics and Adolescent Medicine, 157, 1134-1135.
- Furlong, M. J., Soliz, A. C., Simental, J. M., & Greif, J. (2004). Bullying and abuse on school campuses. In C. Spielberger (Ed. In Chief), Encyclopedia of applied psychology (pp. 295-302).
- Furlong, M. J., Orpinas, P., Greif, J., & Whipple, A. (2005). Bullying and other forms of aggression. In Getting results. Sacramento, CA: California Department of Education. pp. 18-22.
- Furlong, M. J., & Greif, J. (2005). Prevalence estimation of school bullying with the Olweus Bully/Victim Questionnaire: research summary by Solberg and Olweus (2003). In Getting results. Sacramento, CA: California Department of Education. (Best Practices Guide) pp. 23-26.
- Furlong, M. J., & Greif, J. (2005). Preventing bullying and victimization of children and adolescents. (2003). In Getting Results. Sacramento, CA: California Department of Education. (Best Practices Guide) pp. 27-30.
- Greif, J. L., & Furlong, M. J. (2006) The assessment of school bullying: Moving from theory to practice. Journal of School Violence. 5, 33-50.
- Furlong, M., Felix, E., Sharkey, J., Greif-Green, J., & Tanigawa, D. (2006). Development of a Multi-Gating Bullying Victimization Assessment Final Report to the Hamilton Fish Institute. UCSB Center for School-Based Youth Development.
- Furlong, M. J., Felix, E. D., Sharkey, J. D., & Larson, J. (2005, September). Prevention of school violence: Planning for safe and engaging schools. National Association of Secondary School Principals Bulletin. 11-15.
- Felix, E., & Furlong, M. J. (In press). Best practices in bullying prevention. In A. Thomas (Ed.), Best practices in school psychology V (pp. 1279-1290). Bethesda, MD: National Association of School Psychologists.
- You, S., Furlong, M. J., Felix, E., Sharkey, J.D., Tanigawa, D., & Green, J. (2008). Relations among school connectedness, hope, life satisfaction, and bully victimization,. Psychology in the Schools, 45, 446-460.
- Furlong, M. J., Sharkey, J. D., Felix, E., Tanigawa, D., & Greif-Green, J. (2010). Bullying assessment: A call for increased precision of self-reporting procedures. In S. R. Jimerson, S. M. Swearer, & D. L. Espelage (Eds.), The international handbook of school bullying (pp. 329-346). New York: Routledge